Q1 – What is a LED downlighter/panel?
Ans – A downlight or an LED panel is a ceiling light which goes into the ceiling. You need to have a false ceiling to install this type of lighting.
Q2 – What is the difference between a downlight and panel?
Ans – A downlight is rear lit. This means the LEDs are present on the back side of the product. A panel is edge lit; this means the LEDs are present on the side of the product. Downlights traditionally provide better uniform lighting. However for home lighting applications, panels are equally good.
Q3 – What should I keep in mind while buying a downlight/panel?
Ans – There are many options available in this category and it can be quite confusing! Here are some things to keep in mind while purchasing new lights for your home –
1. Uniform lighting promise: It may happen that when you multiple pieces of the same product, you may get different brightness from each installed piece. Philips guarantees uniform brightness and same colored light from every single piece you purchase and install in your home.
2. Wide Voltage Protection: It is important that the lights in your home are able to withstand voltage fluctuations. Philips offers the widest voltage protection in the market ranging from 160V to 360V
3. Surge protection: When the voltage fluctuates or when there is frequent power cut offs, you need a product which is robust enough to withstand all this. Philips offers a surge protection of 2.5KV
4. Warranty: Philips LED products come with Duramax Technology. This is a 2 year warranty from the date of purchase or 27 months from the date of manufacture. The warranty card will come with your product purchase
5. Lumen/Watt: This is a measure of efficiency and hence money saving on your electricity bills. This indicates how much brightness you will get for a certain wattage. Lumen/watt varies from 50lumen/watt to >100 lumen/watt. We would recommend that you don’t simply buy the brightest product you see or the highest lumen/watt product. Very bright LED light can hurt your eyes with regular use. A lumen efficiency of 60-70 lumen/watt is enough for home usage
Q4 – Where can I buy Philips downlights/panels?
Ans – You can buy these at any Philips Light Lounge or Philips selling electrical stores
Q5 – What is the variety available in this product category?
Ans – Within the Philips portfolio, there are multiple types of downlights/panels available depending on your budget and aesthetic requirements
Color Temperature: 6500K, Lumens Output: 600Lm and Lumens Efficiency: 60Lm
Super slim construction
Long life LED source
Non integrated driver with mounting provision provided
Warranty: 2 years on product
Power: 10 watts; Operating Voltage: 160-360 volts